Gratefulness is the single most valuable lesson I've learned. We all have really tough times (some worse than others) and really good times. Being able to be grateful for both the good and the bad situations was really hard to learn but has helped me to get through our hardest times (the loss of my parents; our son's brain surgery; my accident this summer; having to let people go due to the recession; having to fire people because they weren't the right ones). Lots of people have had way tougher stuff to deal with than I and it's really hard to be grateful when you're in the middle of all the ugliness...but it's totally the best way I've found to get through tough times.
This Thanksgiving weekend gives everyone a chance to show their gratitude - if life is good for you, perhaps you know someone who is really hurting. I pray that you will extend a helping hand so they have something to be grateful for too.
Below is a list of some of the things that my team is grateful for - have a lovely Thanksgiving full of love, compassion and gratitude.
"I am grateful for sunny days, long walks with my sweetheart and cuddles in front of the fire with my kiddos." - Rebecca
"I'm grateful for my friends and family, a job that I enjoy going to every day and only first world problems to worry about." - Melissa
"Health, happiness, family and the great people I get to work with." - Jess
"I'm grateful for a warm house, great family and a job I enjoy!" - Dori
"I am thankful for my life, health and love of my family and friends." - Adrienne
Our CEO, Karen Harris, gave a great interview with The Speaker Lab. It's perfect listening for anyone thinking about entering into the speaking industry or looking to update their speaking business. Learn more about what we do at cmi and the different areas of the speaking industry.
cmi speaker management is a global leader in the meetings industry. We represent an international roster of carefully selected authors who positively impact millions of people through their keynote speeches, books and thought leadership.
Our founder, Karen Harris, is known worldwide for her high level of integrity in all her business dealings. She has worked tirelessly to advance ethical business practices in our industry by sitting on the Board of Governors of the International Association of Speakers Bureaus for a total of 7 years and is a former Past President.
Celebrating over 15 years in business, cmi is expanding its roster of clients and looking for an exceptional team player. This opportunity is perfect for someone who wants to make a difference, in a high integrity environment with a fun, vibrant family-oriented team.
cmi is located in the desirable deep south (Midnapore), away from the expense of downtown Calgary yet close to shopping and restaurants.
If you would like to work for an entrepreneur who deeply cares about changing the world - be part of a team that feels like your second family – and rub shoulders with 'near celebrities' – we want to see your resume.
We are looking for an Assistant whose role will be:
- Data entry
- File maintenance on the Cloud
- Arrange all appointments and travel needs
- Manage and maintain large database
- Troubleshoot and administer all software (Salesforce, Dropbox, RingCentral, Cirrus, proprietary, internal server)
- Light reception, answer phones, office maintenance
- Willing to take on any and all tasks
- Administrative experience (minimum 5-10 years) in a sales and/or high traffic environment
- Data Entry experience (minimum 5-10 years) especially with a CRM like Salesforce
- Database experience (minimum 5-10 years) especially with a CRM like Salesforce
- Customer service experience in an office environment
- Calendar management is a must
- Proven ability to work with accuracy and efficiency in a high energy environment
- Capable of handling and completing multiple tasks with multiple interruptions
- Demonstrated time-management skills and meeting tight timelines
- Excels at prioritizing tasks from multiple executives
- Thrives at working under minimal supervision
- Knowledge of and/or experience in the speaking, event planning or meetings industry will be an asset
- Experience with a CRM software such as Salesforce, Yesware, ACT or Goldmine
- Advanced capability with the Microsoft Office suite of programs, with a high accuracy rating
- You are experienced with social media, particularly Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube
- You are experienced with Dropbox and the Cloud
- You are proficient with internet research
- You are proficient in a Mac environment
- You are an advanced user of Google Mail & Calendars
- Typing speed of at least 60 wpm
- Nurturing and compassionate with a little bit of silly
- Speaks truthfully and does the right thing
- Attentive to detail to the point of being anal especially while under pressure
- Focused on key priorities and delivers on their promises
- Solves problems easily and independently
- Researches solutions independently
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Cooperative and collaborative team player
- Enthusiastic and passionate with a can-do attitude
- Works hard, and if necessary, long hours during peak times to get the job done
- Flexible and adaptable coping well with complexity and change
- Calm under pressure maintaining a high level of performance
- Assertive by taking a loving and firm stand when necessary