Inspiring Top Performing Organizations - Why Should You Hire John "Gucci" Foley?
- John's process for building a culture of excellence aligns with any company striving for the top.
- He knows how to align teams with your vision to fly in formation.
- John's debriefing process creates a safe space for teams to trust, communicate and execute.
- His approach inspires a disciplined dedication to teamwork.
- John has delivered his extraordinary message at over 1 thousand events to over 1 million people.
- He is a natural motivator with a proven record of inspiring greatness.
- John holds 3 Masters degrees, an honorary Ph.D., and was a pilot in the movie Top Gun!
Virtual TOPIC: Leading Through Change - Accelerating Performance in Turbulent Times
Connecting, aligning, and unifying teams in this virtual world can be a daunting task. John Foley’s virtual events on leadership, high-performance, positivity, team-building, culture, trust and innovation are customizable to all departments of your company, including the
The High-Performance Zone
Flying with the Blue Angels is exhilarating, adrenaline-filled and inherently unforgiving. People want to hear about John Foley's experience because the stories of fighter pilots embracing peril and working together to pull off awe-inspiring aerial maneuvers sound like they're straight out of a Hollywood movie. And they are! John actually did some of the real flying in the movie Top Gun.
John channels the thrills he experienced – and created – with the Blue Angels to offer practical guidance you can use at work and in life. The High-Performance Zone is the gap between the current state and the future state. John delivers lessons about performing under pressure, cooperation, collaboration, and bringing enjoyment to other people's lives through service and teamwork.
Learn how the best teams create alignment around a shared mission and instill a purpose larger than self. Discover how to shift attitudes, improve retention, create fulfillment throughout all levels of an organization, and foster collaboration faster. When you approach problems simply, and honestly evaluate performance, progress becomes effortless.
Audience Members Learn:
- How to focus team actions, driving immediate results
- How to unify teams, creating a safe space that fosters ideas and growth
- How to build a culture of excellence that drives high performance
- How to promote a broader sense of ownership and execution across the organization
Glad to Be Here® - Inspiring a Culture of Excellence
Operational excellence requires a process and a mindset that makes high performance repeatable and transferable. The Glad to Be Here® keynote galvanizes people and creates deep human connections that increase trust and execution, closing performance gaps and driving teams forward with a newfound purpose.
Research shows that teams and individuals that embrace a positive mindset improve communication while inspiring commitment and buy-in to a shared vision. An active gratitude practice changes the way you see the world and gives you the confidence to act.
Discover a debrief process that reinforces team chemistry and success, building a feedback loop with corrective action and personal responsibility that leads to continuous improvement. Elevate your team's belief in what is possible, then use that energy to create high-trust contracts and precise execution.
The Glad to Be Here® mindset is the key to igniting extreme trust, employee engagement, and elite execution. It offers a purpose greater than self. It galvanizes people and focuses individuals and teams on why they do what they do.
Audience Members Learn:
- How trust and openness create an environment where ideas are embraced and implemented
- Improved relationship skills, amplifying your team's abilities to foster creativity
- Enhanced team well-being – gratitude boosts dopamine, resulting in greater optimism and increased energy
- How to cultivate a "we're in this together" mentality in work and life
Trust & Execution at 500mph
Trust is an essential asset to break down silos, foster collaboration, deepen teamwork, drive engagement, and manage the never-ending process of change. John Foley knows first-hand that creating a tangible culture of trust will transform the way your company does business.
High Trust Contracts enable elite teams like the Blue Angels to align around a common purpose, take risks, and think outside the box. Complete engagement comes when teams have each other's backs - communication and honesty follow.
How will your teams perform when there is complete, inherent trust in each other and the organization?
Audience Members Learn:
- How to create trust in the team and increase the level of communication
- Understand and embody tools that create and nurture trust-building efforts
- Feel safe to make mistakes, share creatively and be more fulfilled at work
- How a Glad to Be Here® mindset transforms the way you work and live
John "Gucci" Foley - Keynote Speaker on High Performance
John Foley's message goes above and beyond, providing organizations with engaging stories and exciting visual materials. The core idea for each presentation is to give your organization a renewed spirit, purpose and energy through a culture of excellence and trust. His presentations inspire, motivate and align teams to improve performance, strengthen teamwork, and thrive in a Glad to Be Here® Mindset.
John "Gucci" Foley In-Person Highlights
The 5 Dynamics of a Debrief
Respond vs React
Creativity & Innovation
John "Gucci" Foley on the Road
About John "Gucci" Foley - A Speaker for Leaders and Teams
John Foley is a former Lead Solo Pilot of the Blue Angels, "Top Ten Carrier Pilot," a best-selling author and an expert on high-performance teams. As a keynote speaker, John has inspired over 1,000 organizations to increase trust, elevate execution and build a culture of excellence.
No other speaker in the world shares John's life experiences. Through keynote presentations and hands-on workshops, John clearly applies his lifetime of discovery to real-world situations. He has delivered his extraordinary message at over 1,000 events, to over 1 million people worldwide.
John's keynotes, workshops, and programs inspire individuals, teams, and organizations to reach and operate at their highest potential. His high-performance framework is vital for leaders reaching for the next level of success, and his Glad to Be Here® Mindset is a fundamental tool for maximizing possibility and achieving goals.
John Foley's message goes above and beyond expectations. With engaging stories and electrifying videos of Blue Angel aerobatics, his presentations will give your organization a renewed spirit, purpose and energy. John’s events inspire, motivate and align teams to improve performance, strengthen teamwork, and thrive with a Glad to Be Here Mindset.
As the founder and CEO of CenterPoint Companies—which provides business performance training to companies worldwide—John knows first-hand how the best of the best excel and continually improve. By thoroughly studying the current climate within your workplace and reflecting on his past experiences, John Foley delivers personalized programs aligned with company culture and event goals. This detail-oriented customization will give your people the experience of a lifetime.
John graduated from the US Naval Academy with a degree in mechanical engineering and was a defensive back for the Midshipmen. As a pilot, John was a "Top Ten Carrier Pilot" six times before becoming a Marine instructor pilot and then a Blue Angel.
He holds three master's degrees:
- a master's degree as a Sloan Fellow from Stanford Graduate School of Business
- a master's in Strategic Studies from the Naval War College
- a master's in International Policy Studies from Stanford University
John was also a Fellow at the Stanford Center on International Conflict and Negotiations and was awarded an honorary Ph.D. from the National Autonomous University of Mexico (Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México).
He has continually reinvented himself, working as an entrepreneur, venture capitalist, leadership expert, keynote speaker, and the best-selling author of Fearless Success.
In 2011, John and his wife Carol founded The Glad to Be Here Foundation to work with charitable organizations close to their hearts. John works with every single client to donate a portion of his fee to a charity of their choice. To date, the foundation has donated over $2,000,000 to 360+ charities in 57 countries around the world.
John "Gucci" Foley - Reviews
“I followed your presentation via WebEx and I have to say that I was truly impressed. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and aspirations. I will for sure remember the sentence “glad to be here”. Glad that you came over and we had a chance to witness a great person!
Inge, Govaerts Manager Corporate Public Relations, Barco
"John, You recently spoke at our leadership meeting in Dallas for ADT. I had you autograph my book and told you I really appreciated your message. Your team was awesome. The level of commitment and accountability required to be in the top .01% of the best in the world was amazing! My sticker is on my cell phone. #gladtobehere.”
Steven Lawson, Regional Sales Director for ADT
"Best speaker I have ever seen and I have seen many speakers"
Kent Callahan - President & CEO at Transamerica, Investments & Retirement Division
"John Foley knew how to connect dots with our team better than anyone else- John was infectious"
Palmer Whitney - Senior Vice President, Senior Director Client Engagement at Transamerica
"We appreciate the partnership our teams have and so enjoyed your two recent keynote performance at our WaFd Bank events. Your Debrief Process is one that all organizations should implement on a daily basis, simply amazing.
John, I don’t know how you stay looking so young!!
Brad Goode - SVP/Marketing Communication Director at WaFd Bank
“First of all, Foley was the greatest speaker we have ever had I would run through a wall for that guy!
Gucci, you were off the charts brother! My phone has lit up with text messages saying we have to have Gucci back. You were hands-down the best all week! As I mentioned to you early this morning your enthusiasm is infectious and it gets people charged up and that is a gift God has given you, which you share most eloquently! Congratulations on a great presentation. You were by far the best speaker of the week. In fact, I’ve gotten a lot of text messages saying you were actually the best keystone speaker we've ever had, thank you!!!!
David Boedker– President of Keystone Financial
"It’s the best presentation I’ve seen at Highmark, “I’m Glad to Be Here, so many others lost their jobs”, "The debriefing session showed a humble side that says it's okay to admit your mistake in order to better the team."
"I thought the John Foley “Get into the High Performance zone” truly inspired me. I will use his "Glad to be Here" as my new team Mantra for sure."
"Mr. Foley was excellent. He was able to relate flying and trust to our everyday work situations."
"John Foley's presentation was superb! There were great takeaways from his presentation that I will plan to use with my team."
"Absolutely loved the guest speaker John Foley, his message and his energy. Would love to see more of him."
Highmark Health - Leadership Meeting
"Now more than ever, the sessions with John have been a constant breath of fresh air through this pandemic. It has changed my way of thinking as an employee and how I tackle my daily professional life. I might not be in management yet, but John Foley has given me the opportunity to reflect on the characteristics needed to be a successful leader."
Michelle of CHG – Community Health Group
“John has brought positivity and actionable training to our people on a weekly basis. These virtual gatherings have been the perfect way to align our remote teams and focus everyone on getting better, together.”
Norma Diaz, CEO, Community Health Group
John is amazing, we are keeping his vision and positive state of being close within each day- making each day the best experience for everyone I touch as I have his same vision. I also of course put John forward to other large conference organizers I work with for them to consider having him for a speaker. He is such a treasure and important person in the fabric of humanity.
Valerie Tiberia, Marketing Communications Coordinator for MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc.
“The thing that stuck with me the most about John Foley is the environment/culture that is created in the after-action learning sessions. Titles and egos being checked at the door and really meaning it! Also, #gladtobehere is really powerful.”
Dianah Bogan, Director of Human Resources at Eaton
"In the event that you see this, I want to thank you for your use of video to share your message with your grateful followers.
I am a retired partner from Edward Jones and had the privilege of seeing you speak there on two occasions. I have seen many speakers and I honestly can't tell you who the second-best speaker is. But there is no question who the best speaker I have ever seen is, John Foley.
I am the President of a trucking company now. It has been a great benefit to our team to be able to "introduce" our leadership team to your message. We are very intentional about our "Glad to be here" mentality.
John, I want to thank you for making the effort to share your vision via video. During these times when a gathering is nearly impossible, we are making great use of your message"
Chris Seals, President of Fraley Schilling Trucking Company
"Thank you for bringing Mr. Foley into our Metro World. I was fascinated by his background and his alternative approach to leadership and team dynamics. I appreciate the shift in our culture you are trying to make."
Annette Mullin - PEAP Director for The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department
"John’s great level of energy, passion, and engagement with our Executive Team was incredible. John’s ability to match energy to each and every different personality in attendance of 12 was spot on. John let the TEAM talk as he listened very rare today and understood the TEAM concept! We need more of John and planning on having him again for 3 more events."
Marvin Boakye - Chief People & Diversity Officer Papa John’s USA Inc.
"John’s vision on Leadership and taking them through a program of belief was eye-opening."
Rich Butler, Vice President of Talent Management for Papa John’s USA Inc.
John "Gucci" Foley Introduction
Today we are excited to have someone with us who knows first-hand what it means to take high performance and excellence to an extreme level. As a former Lead Solo with the Blue Angels, John Foley is going to show us the parallels between an elite team like the Blue Angels and what we do every day.
His message is something that I really want you to hear. It reinforces what we are already doing, and I believe it will help us accelerate to an even higher level. He has worked closely with us to learn first-hand what our business, our people, and our opportunities are all about. I believe he is going to help us see our challenges and our potential in a whole new light.
Best of all, we’re going to leave this meeting today with some powerful ideas that we can immediately begin to use to raise our performance as individuals and as a company to an entirely new level.
Let’s start by joining John in the cockpit of his Blue Angel jet!
John "Gucci" Foley Technical Requirements - Live Events
- John Foley's presentation consists of a spoken message, a set of digital slides, and eight video clips.
- The videos and slides he uses are in Apple Keynote. The storyboard and Keynote file with the embedded videos and slides can be sent ahead so you are able to test, review, and run cues/sound prior to his arrival. The file will need to be downloaded to a Mac that is running Apple Keynote.
- The presentation will be run directly from his laptop. John does not use PowerPoint.
- The Presentation is presented in 16x9 aspect ratio.
- John will bring with him a back-up of the presentation on his laptop with VGA adapter.
- John does not use a remote and requests that someone on the AV team run the cues for his presentation.
- John will provide a Storyboard indicating each point during the presentation that the video clips are to be started.
- For all video cues, lighting should be dimmed as appropriate during playback for optimal results.
- On all video cues, please start the video THEN immediately dim the lights.
- Immediately at the end of each video, lighting is turned on and the microphone is hot. John will be at the center of the stage when the video ends and he begins speaking right away.
TWO AV PEOPLE ARE NEEDED - ONLY IF PRODUCER TABLE IS NOT NEAR LIGHTS
- Person A will start the video clips on John's laptop, at his visual and spoken cues, by pressing the ENTER key on his laptop.
- Person B will dim and raise lights for the video segments.
AUDIO VISUAL EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS
- LCD projector - a projector with a minimum rating of 4500 lumens. A typical PowerPoint portable projector is not adequate. Please work with CenterPoint and you're AV technician to select a projector with the correct lumens rating for your venue and screen size. The presentation is presented in 16x9 aspect ratio.
- Screen or Multiple Screens - as large as possible, to be seen by the entire audience. Preferably two screens where appropriate for the venue.
- Sound system - A high-quality sound system is needed to accommodate dramatic music and sound from the video. Free-standing external speakers to augment ceiling speakers are recommended when appropriate for the venue.
- Lavaliere cordless microphone for John
- Additional microphone for person introducing John
- VGA cable - to connect the projector to a computer, Audio cable to connect the sound system to the computer. John will bring adapters for the computer.
- Switcher - to transition from other computers to John's laptop if there are other computers being used during the meeting.
John does not use a podium. John requires a small table to place his helmet on. It's best if the small table is off to the side, or closer to the rear of the stage to keep the stage as clear as possible for him to move around.
When John exits the stage, someone needs to gather up his helmet and backup laptop with an adapter (if used).
For all of John Foley’s Zoom Presentations, we have our own internal AV team that runs the presentation from start to finish.
Our AV team requires the following:
One (1) AV briefing call with your AV team (ten) 10 days before the event
One (1) test run with your AV team three (3) to five (5) days before the event
One (1) sound check thirty (30) minutes before the start time of the event
We will work with your internal or external AV team to ensure a seamless presentation.