Dan Thurmon Introduction
Dan Thurmon is the author of two books, a Hall of Fame speaker, and a recognized expert in delivering peak performances, on stage and in the workplace.
He has delivered thousands of presentations across six continents for business leaders, TEDx Talks, troops on the front lines, and he’s even performed for royalty.
Dan’s philosophy can be summarized by the title of his book, Off Balance On Purpose. He believes that we will never achieve “perfect balance” and should, instead, learn to embrace uncertainty and initiate positive changes that lead to growth.
So, ladies and gentlemen, get ready to expand your thinking, sharpen your focus, and have some fun. Please help me welcome,
Dan Thurmon Technical Requirements
In order for Dan to deliver the highest quality presentation, we ask that you coordinate with the venue to provide the following items. This will ensure that Dan is able to have the maximum impact and perform all of his physical demonstrations.
- Please provide a riser (stage) measuring 12 feet deep by 32 feet wide, preferably set on the longer side of a rectangular room. The riser ensures safety and visibility for Dan’s tumbling entrance and other demonstrations. The only limiting factor is the tumbling run. Less than 24' means no tumbling. 32' is ideal (two back handsprings).
- Wireless lavaliere microphone (Dan travels with his own Countryman E6 headset, which will plug into your lavaliere system).
- Music playback capability. Please provide an IPod connection (1/8 inch mini cable) OR Dan can bring his music on a portable drive for your audio technician.
- Hollow lectern, suitable for the storage of Dan’s props.
- Because of the juggling stunts, it is ideal to have a ceiling height of at least 12 feet.
- Dan will need to trigger a blackout (all lights completely out) at one point during his presentation. He can do this himself if the controls are within reach, or Dan will need someone to turn the lights off on his cue.
- Please set the first row of chairs no more than six feet from the front of the stage.
- In certain presentations, Dan may wish to include video or slides. He can do this from his laptop or provide the files for your technician.