Dan Thurmon Introduction
Dan Thurmon is the author of two books, a Hall of Fame speaker, and a recognized expert in delivering peak performances, on stage and in the workplace.
He has delivered thousands of presentations across six continents for business leaders, TEDx Talks, troops on the front lines, and he’s even performed for royalty.
Dan’s philosophy can be summarized by the title of his book, Off Balance On Purpose. He believes that we will never achieve “perfect balance” and should, instead, learn to embrace uncertainty and initiate positive changes that lead to growth.
So, ladies and gentlemen, get ready to expand your thinking, sharpen your focus, and have some fun. Please help me welcome,
Dan Thurmon Technical Requirements - Live Events
In order for Dan to deliver the highest quality presentation, we ask that you coordinate with the venue to provide the following items. This will ensure that Dan is able to have the maximum impact and perform all of his physical demonstrations.
- Please provide a riser (stage) measuring 12 feet deep by 32 feet wide, preferably set on the longer side of a rectangular room. The riser ensures safety and visibility for Dan’s tumbling entrance and other demonstrations. The only limiting factor is the tumbling run. Less than 24' means no tumbling. 32' is ideal (two back handsprings).
- Wireless lavaliere microphone (Dan travels with his own Countryman E6 headset, which will plug into your lavaliere system).
- Music playback capability. Please provide an IPod connection (1/8 inch mini cable) OR Dan can bring his music on a portable drive for your audio technician.
- Hollow lectern, suitable for the storage of Dan’s props.
- Because of the juggling stunts, it is ideal to have a ceiling height of at least 12 feet.
- Dan will need to trigger a blackout (all lights completely out) at one point during his presentation. He can do this himself if the controls are within reach, or Dan will need someone to turn the lights off on his cue.
- In certain presentations, Dan may wish to include video or slides. He can do this from his laptop or provide the files for your technician.
- Dan’s virtual presentation will be hosted on the client’s existing meeting platform.
- Dan works with any meeting platform of the client’s choosing.
- The client will create and host the meeting, and distribute the invite to the attendees.
Inside Dan’s “DT Live” Studio:
- Shure wireless microphone system
- Countryman Lavaliere Microphone
- 2 Blackmagic Studio HD Cameras
- 2 Canon XA20 Cameras
- Blackmagic A TEM Switcher
- Blackmagic Hyperdeck
- Lumix GH4 Camera
- Mac Pro
- MacBook Pro
- Samsung Flip 65
- 65” Samsung Monitor
- Zoom Enterprise Account
- Rode Procaster microphone
- 6 Dracast 1000 LED lights
- 4-6 stage DMX512 LED lights
- Additional softboxes and ring light
All the above creates 3 different sets for Dan to produce from (Library, Classroom, Stage).
Two or more people in DT Live Studio: Producer/switch operator, and Camera/computer operator/Grip.
A behind-the-scene moderator from Dan’s team is available during the event to monitor the chat for questions, if desired.
A few days prior, Dan requires one technical rehearsal with the moderator and the host of the meeting.
The day of the event, Dan will join the host 20 minutes prior to the event start time. He will mute his video and audio until he is introduced.